End User License Agreement
- License. Subject to the terms of this EULA, Wayne & Malcolm grants to you a limited, nontransferable, and nonexclusive license (without the right to sublicense) to execute one (1) copy of the Licensed Software, in executable object code form only, and (b) for your use of the Takada Service, in each case for your personal, non-commercial purposes.
- Restrictions. You agree not to, and you will not permit others to, (a) license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, transmit, host, outsource, disclose or otherwise commercially exploit the Licensed Software or make the Licensed Software available to any third party, (b) copy or use the Licensed Software for any purpose other than as permitted in Section 1, or (c) modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Licensed Software.
- Updates. Any future release, update, or other addition to the functionality of the Licensed Software, if any, provided by Wayne & Malcolm (collectively, “Updates”) will be subject to the terms of this EULA, unless Wayne & Malcolm states otherwise in writing. To keep your Licensed Software up-to-date, Wayne & Malcolm may automatically provide your Takada Application with Updates to the Licensed Software.
- Ownership. The Licensed Software and all worldwide copyrights, trade secrets, and other intellectual property rights therein, are the exclusive property of Wayne & Malcolm and its licensors. Wayne & Malcolm and its licensors reserve all rights in and to the Licensed Software not expressly granted to you in this EULA. The Licensed Software is licensed to you, not sold, under this EULA. There are no implied licenses in this EULA.
- Open Source. Certain items of software included with the Licensed Software are subject to “open source” or “free software” licenses (“Open Source Software”). Some of the Open Source Software is owned by third parties. The Open Source Software is not subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA. Instead, each item of Open Source Software is licensed under the terms of the end user license that accompanies such Open Source Software. Nothing in this EULA limits your rights under, or grants you rights that supersede, the terms and conditions of any applicable end user license for the Open Source Software. If required by any license for particular Open Source Software, Wayne & Malcolm makes such Open Source Software, and Wayne & Malcolm’s modifications to that Open Source Software, available by written request at email@example.com.
- Third Party Applications. Wayne & Malcolm may allow third parties to develop applications for use within the Takada Application (“Third Party Apps”). You agree that no Third Party App is subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA. Instead, each Third Party App is licensed under the terms of the end user license that accompanies it. Wayne & Malcolm is not a party to that end user license, and the Third Party App developer is exclusively responsible for that Third Party App and any associated warranties.
- Term and Termination. This EULA and the license granted hereunder are effective on the date you first use the Licensed Software and shall continue unless this EULA is terminated under this section. This EULA will terminate automatically without notice from Wayne & Malcolm if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this EULA. You may terminate this EULA effective immediately upon written notice to Wayne & Malcolm. Upon termination of this EULA, the license granted hereunder will terminate and you must stop all use of the Licensed Software, but the terms of Sections 2 and 4 through 13 (inclusive) will remain in effect, after any such termination.
- Warranty Disclaimer. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WAYNE & MALCOLM PROVIDES THE LICENSED SOFTWARE "AS-IS" AND DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. WAYNE & MALCOLM DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE LICENSED SOFTWARE. WAYNE & MALCOLM MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE LICENSED SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, (A) WAYNE & MALCOLM WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU, OR ANY THIRD PARTY, FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, LOST DATA, LOST PROFITS OR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATING TO THE LICENSED SOFTWARE OR THIS EULA, EVEN IF WAYNE & MALCOLM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND (B) WAYNE & MALCOLM’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE LICENSED SOFTWARE AND THIS EULA, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR OTHERWISE, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO ONE THOUSAND NAIRA(=N= 1,000). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. WAYNE & MALCOLM DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY OF ANY KIND OF WAYNE & MALCOLM’S SUPPLIERS.
- Export Compliance. The Licensed Software and related technology are subject to Nigeian export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree to strictly comply with all such laws and regulations and acknowledge that you have the responsibility to obtain authorization to export, re-export, or import the Licensed Software and related technology, as may be required. You will indemnify and hold Wayne & Malcolm harmless from any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fines, penalties, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising from or relating to any breach by you of your obligations under this section.
- Governing Law; Arbitration. This EULA, and any claim, dispute or controversy relating to this EULA, will be governed by the laws of Nigeria, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws principles that require the application of the laws of a different jurisdiction. Any action or proceeding relating to this EULA must be brought in a federal or state court located in Lagos, Nigeria and each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction and venue of any such court in any such action or proceeding, except that: (i) a party bringing an action may choose to resolve the dispute through binding non-appearance-based arbitration in accordance with the following: (a) the arbitration will be provided through a nationally-recognized alternative dispute resolution provider mutually agreed upon by the parties; (b) the arbitration will be conducted in one or more of the following manners at the option of the party initiating arbitration: telephone, online, or written submissions; (c) the arbitration will not involve any personal appearances by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise agreed by the parties; and (d) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction; and (ii) Wayne & Malcolm may seek injunctive relief in any court having jurisdiction to protect its intellectual property or confidential or proprietary information.
- Questions or Additional Information. If you have questions regarding this EULA, or wish to obtain additional information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08056159945.